Date: 9/22/19 5:13 pm
From: Kyle Gage <gagekm...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] 2019 Muckrake Report
To update Bob McGuire’s excellent report of this years Muckrace, we had a “wrap-up” Muckrace meeting last week & some final numbers include: 34 teams, 155 participants, & 173 total species tallied. Top teams are as Bob said in his report.

To date $9600 has been raised. There is still time to make a donation to help us reach our goal of $10,000! Just go to “friendsofmontezuma.org/projects-programs/muckrace” to make a donation directly to the Friends or your favorite team. Thank you!

Kyle Gage
Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 19, 2019, at 8:21 AM, bob mcguire <bmcguire...> wrote:
>
> The Cayuga Bird Club sponsored two teams in this year’s Montezuma Muckrace, held over a week ago. The event is a fundraiser for the Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex. Over the past 23 years it has raised over $145,000 for projects in the Complex. If you would like to donate you may do so at https://friendsofmontezuma.org/projects-programs/muckrace/.
>
> I have prepared a rather lengthy report for our team - the ARROGANT BUSTARDS (Susan Danskin, Diane Morton, Deirdre Anderson, Dave Nutter, Ken Kemphues, Gary Kohlenberg, and myself) - for the October CBC newsletter. Several people have asked, “So, how did you do?”. Here is a brief summary.
>
> This year some 34 teams (more than 145 participants) over the course of 24 hours (7pm September 6 - 7pm on the 7th) tallied more than 150 species. The winning competitive team was From rochester with 119. The winning recreational team had 130. The high count for photographers was 70 (Suan Yong and Mark Miller). Both of the CBC-sponsored teams came in with 91!
>
> Most of the participants agreed that it was an uncommonly slow day this year. Shorebird habitat was in short supply and for some reason (perhaps the recent passage of a cold front) forest birds, warblers in particular, were scarce. The highlights for our team were the gorgeous female Baltimore Oriole foraging below Tschache Tower, the elusive Mockingbird that Susan spotted as we sped by, and a spontaneously-calling Barred Owl along Van Dyne Spoor Road at the end of the day.
> --
> Welcome and Basics
> Rules and Information
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave