Date: 9/22/19 4:03 pm
From: Todd Jensen <gyrfalcon...>
Subject: camplex park gillette, keyhole reservoir
Birded cam-plex park in Gillette, daily since Wednesday. Migration has changed and warbler migration coming to an end and sparrows beginning. Wilson's warblers still in decent numbers along with orange-crowned and yellow-rumps. Clay-colored, white-crown, chipping, lincoln sparrows not coming through as well as dark-eyed juncos starting to show up. Thursday I had a Cassin's vireo excellent view at eye level and 10 feet away. Yesterday numerous Northern flickers showed up all red-shafted except for one yellow shafted amongst them. Today Warbles made a big push with wilson's, orange-crown and yellow-rumps and 2 ea yellow warblers.
Went to Keyhole a reservoir on the Belle fourche river in crook county, for the last two days. I had close to a hundred mountain bluebirds yesterday, but there numbers down today. IBIS were present yesterday and franklins gulls there yesterday were pretty much abscent. Today observed 53 species there, however, at the mouth of Keyhole where highway US 14 crosses the Belle Fourche River and heads north to devil's tower over the reservoir were two each juvenile Sabine's Gulls, this afternoon. Both were seen together flying. Good Birding.

Join us on Facebook!