Date: 9/22/19 3:41 pm
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] NAZ: Cholla Lake: SABINE’S GULLS
Sep. 22, 2019
Caleb Strand, Keith Kamper, Tracey McCarthey, Jared Conway, and I are watching at least two SABINE’S GULLS at the Cholla Lake Power Plant cooling ponds near Joseph City (Navajo Co.). The only point to safely (relatively) view the reservoirs is at a wide pullout on the shoulder of I-40 westbound.

Also present are two CASPIAN TERNS, 5 FORSTER’S TERNS, and 10 AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS, which were also present an hour earlier when my AZFO group of 8 stopped by.

Caleb said his group was unable to re-find the Blackpoll Warbler that we found this morning at La Posada Hotel in Winslow when they checked this afternoon.

Good birding,

Eric Hough

Sent from my iPhone