Date: 9/22/19 2:19 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Beach & Dunes But No Cassin's Kingbird For Me Sunday 9-22-19
Hello Bird People,

Waited out the rain & arrived at 8:45 a.m. Did the beach & dunes until
10 a.m. but decided not to do the hedge area after a short look. Was
in my car when I heard from Krzys K that there was a Cassin's Kingbird
in the meadow area. Went right over but in spite of looking for over 2
hours & with many birders also looking no one had re-found it by 1
p.m. when it started to rain & I left.
Some birders were still looking so perhaps it was found later?

Beach & Dunes

D.C. Cormorant (4 on the tower & ~200 flying by)
Great Blue Heron (1, by the pier)
Canada Geese (8)
Mallard (31)
PINTAIL (1, still around)
Killdeer (3)
BLACK BELLIED PLOVER (1)
Semipalmated Plover (7)
Sanderling (8)
Ring Billed (210) & Herring (2-AD) Gulls (On the beach only)
Common (1) & Forster's (2) Terns
Bay Breasted Warbler (1), Redstart (1) & Palm Warbler (4) all by the Dunes Ponds

Saw Eastern Pewee, Eastern Phoebe & Eastern Kingbird while not finding
the Cassin's Kingbird.

Even when I'm at the right place I miss the big ticket bird but I had
a lot of company in that.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Black Bellied Plover & Runner-Up to the
continuing Pintail.

Al Stokie
On the Chicago lakefront today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>