Date: 9/22/19 2:05 pm
From: Kaaren Perry <surfbird1...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Fall migration is on!
IMHO Fall is always the best time of year for birding in SLO county. My morning began with a Clay-colored Sparrow perching briefly on a wire outside our window. Considering this a good sign, I headed down to our “bird yard” and sure enough, FOS White-crown Sparrows both adult and immature were feeding along with 3 Golden-crowned Sparrows, FOS yesterday .

While sitting at the window I saw a flash of something that might, just might have been a MacGillivray’s Warbler. I continued to watch casually for the bird as I went on with my day and about 5 hours later saw the bird again. This time I was able to get various bits and pieces of photos as it moved deep inside the brush and finally confirmed the MacGillivray’s. This species is rare at this location with the last and only previous sighting Sept. 24, 2017.

And it’s only 1:30!

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaarenp/