Date: 9/22/19 12:14 pm
From: Lisa Sullivan <789popbirdfine...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Loss of song birds
This might be a bit of a rant, I grew up across the street from Washington
park. At one time it had more trees, elm trees, there were always Oriole
nests. Then Dutch elm dieses. There were also long needle pines. They never
replaced any of these trees. Loss of the tree line. When they expanded the
cemetery they did not replant the trees. Loss of the tree line. When they
did Hero's park again they cut down all the trees and did not replant any
trees. I have never seen song birds at the lake. Loss of the tree line.
This is one aspect of decline in the bird population but in my opinion a
very important one. Loss of the tree line where birds can shelter, find
food, nest and be able to move on is vital to their survival.

Lisa Sullivan
23rd &Washington
Bellevue Ne
Sarpy county