Date: 9/22/19 12:04 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Earlier in the day spotting this unusual looking bird in the dead part
of the dogwood tree immediately put a stop to my telephone conversation
and made me reach for the camera.  He was preening and the red color
under his wing had caught my eye.  The head looked like a female Purple
Finch but I knew it wasn't.  I've never seen a first year male
Rose-breasted Grosbeak before.  I just came home from town and he was on
my patio.  This time he was facing me so I could see tinges of pink on
the chest.  What a treat to have this visitor.

Yesterday afternoon had some nice activity in the bird baths. The female
Redstart was here a few times.  A surprise was a female year Indigo
Bunting with some blue showing.  They sure love the bath.  A very
colorful Warbler was here several times to bathe. Will have to wait for
a friend to see the video before making a positive ID.

Bruni Haydl

Jefferson Co.

Join us on Facebook!