Date: 9/22/19 11:43 am
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Black Skimmers, Caspian Terns, and mystery Empid, Reid State Park, 9/22
Hi all,
Reid State Park in Georgetown gets on the BLACK SKIMMER scoreboard with 7 this morning, perhaps birds that have been added to the growing flock at Biddeford.  Additionally, I had 5 CASPIAN TERNS, four of which were feeding for a while at the mouth of the Little River. One juvenile AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER was flying around as well.
But the "one that got away" was what was most likely an ACADIAN FLYCATCHER that I very briefly glimpsed in the treetops (typical foraging location for Acadians as circumstantial evidence) about 1/4mile down Todd's Point Road from the entrance (at the second clearing on the left that you can see the water from). I just couldn't get a good enough look to confirm and it did not vocalize. If it wasn't an Acadian, it was REALLY good.
-Derek

 Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

 Freeport Wild Bird Supply

 541 Route One, Suite 10