Date: 9/22/19 11:02 am
From: Edge Wade <edgew...>
Subject: Where your birding will really add to the database
I've emphasized that we need to bird state parks more to fill in data blanks. The CACHE agreement includes some focus areas that have significant gaps in the bird occurrence database. Birding any of the areas below in the time frames lacking any visits recorded in eBird will provide important additions to our knowledge of what species are using these areas in autumn.

As you think about near future birding and perhaps plan a couple day trips, please consider the definition of "rut": a habit or pattern of behavior that has become dull and unproductive but is hard to change. Try some place new and head for one of these:

Huzzah Conservation Area, Crawford County needs reports of weeks 2 and 3 of October and weeks 2 and 3 of November
Linscomb Wildlife Area, St. Clair County has no autumn reports, ever!
Monegaw Prairie, Cedar County needs reports from week 2 of October through week 1 of November
Big Creek Conservation, Area, Adair County needs reports for the 4th week of October and all of November
Sunklands Conservation Area, Shannon County has no reports for October or the first 3 weeks of November
Bismarck Conservation Area, St. Francois and Iron County lacks a report for the 3rd week of October
LaBarque Creek Conservation Area, Jefferson County has no reports for October or the last 3 weeks of November
Big Buffalo Creek Conservation Area needs reports for weeks 1 and 4 of October and weeks 1,2, and 3 of November

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator
<edgew...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!