Date: 9/22/19 10:48 am
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] urbanScioto,9-22: phoebes, fewWarblers
Migration was a bit slow in parks along the Scioto River in Columbus this
morning. I started at Scioto Audubon, then visited Berliner, Marble Cliff,
and Griggs Dam area, and had only modest flocks of migrants at most of
them. Water levels in the river were high from yesterday's rain, so
shorebirds and gulls were almost nil. Best other finds were:

Great Egrets - still 4 hanging around Scioto Audubon's bay
Turkey Vultures - small #s all along the river, topped by 16-20 around
Griggs Dam
ChimneySwifts - small flocks were over the river at several spots
E.Phoebes - 4 at Scioto Audubon was an unusually high #; another 2 were
below Griggs Dam
Vireo - 1 Warbling was still in the riparian stip along the bike path at
Scioto Audubon
Swallows - still had 4 Rough-wings feeding over the bay at Scioto Audubon
Thrushes - only 1 Swainson's (at Berliner)
Warblers - small #s, but did include Tennessee, Magnolia, Redstarts,
Ovenbirds, Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll, Bay-breasted (the most common),
Wilson's
Blackbirds - no Redwings, but had small flocks of grackles at several spots