Date: 9/22/19 10:17 am
From: nickwfrommarin <eurohobby...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] Gray Catbird in Corte Madera, Marin County, 9/30/19
This morning, 9/30/19, a Gray Catbird has visited the birdbath in my yard on the 400 block of Montecito in Corte Madera.  Based on three sightings, I offer this description:  A bird appearing darkish gray, with a blackish cap and chestnut-colored ventral/undertail covert area.  A bit larger than a nearby Swainson's Thrush, but slimmer and with a relatively longer tail, which is quite broad.  The bill is not long, but is slightly curved and thinly pointed.  So far no photos, however.

Yard Bird #144!

If the bird returns regularly, I will post an invite for folks to try for it if they wish.

Nick Whelan
Corte Madera, CA