Date: 9/22/19 10:15 am
From: Colt Gregory via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Great Falls Sunday Bird Walk
Following is the count from Sunday's weekly bird walk sponsored by National Park Service at Great Falls Park. Our 11 participants identified 35 species. Not including the participants, it was a excellent day for Cuckoos. We had 8! A record for us. The group had a lively conversation about the ID of a female Black-throated blue warbler who seemed to change identities several times during the observation period.

This walk meets year-round at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings, rain or shine in the parking lot next to the Visitors Center. Please join us next time for some more interesting sightings.

Canada Goose 51
Wood Duck 3
Mallard 39
Common Merganser 2
Mourning Dove 5
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 8 It was just an excellent day for cuckoos. Saw three that were slightly smaller we identified them as juveniles.
Chimney Swift 36
Double-crested Cormorant 13
Great Blue Heron 1
Black Vulture 4