Date: 9/22/19 9:07 am
From: Pat <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Summer Tanager
Best bird of the fall count so far was a beautiful male Summer Tanager at the Drawbridge Road section of Deal Island WMA. I stepped out of the car at the entrance, looked up, saw motion, and got the bins on it right away. That never happens to me!Other nice count birds there include Black and White Warbler, Pine Warblers, and four Wild Turkeys.On Green Dumpster Road I was startled by a large brown rail skulking across the road. Saw it for only a second but it seemed big. Possible King Rail?Had an impressive Black Rat Snake on Riley Roberts Road. A Lincoln's Sparrow was not impressed and went after it! Gutsy bird.Pat ValdataCrisfield, MDSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone