Date: 9/21/19 9:29 pm
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Green Ridge/BWHA
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Date: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 9:23 PM
Subject: Green Ridge/BWHA
To: COBOL <COBOL...>

We had an excellent start to our season today with 265 birds heading
south. Excellent visibility with temps ranging from the low 50's to high
60's under cloudless skies and no significant winds. Highlights included 2
Broad-winged Hawks spotted by Peter and a possible 3rd by Judy ending the
day with paired up Golden Eagles. Many raptors were very distant to the
east with afternoon birds passing high overhead leaving the crew in need of
chiropractic ministrations. We extended the count an extra hour going till
6:00. We enjoyed many passerines species as well but perhaps someone else
with post because I'm late and it's getting tired.

130 Turkey Vulture
11 Osprey
16 Bald Eagle
1 Northern Harrier
14 Sharp-shinned Hawk
24 Cooper's Hawk
33 Red-tailed Hawk
2 Broad-winged Hawk
4 Golden Eagle
3 American Kestrel
5 Merlin
1 Peregrine
16 Unid. Accipiter
3 Unid. Buteo
1 Unid. Falcon
1 Unid. Raptor

Observers today were Peter Low, Kim Boodie, Judy Meredith, Bob Wilkenson,
Jean and Ken Chamberlin, Nancy and Sach Esperancilla.

David Vick
Terrebonne

Join us on Facebook!