Date: 9/21/19 6:08 pm
Subject: Re: Bird decline
Everyone has a different choice to make regarding the tremendous carbon
impact of traveling long distances, especially by air, to observe birds.

For those who would like to reduce their impact -- I know a great way to
see lots of birds without traveling at all !

Twice a year, the birds, incredibly, travel thousands and thousands of
miles! All we have to do is position ourselves outdoors at the right
moment in spring or fall, and there they are.

Sure, I guess this means some of us will get to see puffins only in the
free Nature Conservancy calendar that comes in the mail solicitations. I
am okay with that, if it means that the puffins get to be in the world for
a long time to come, and not just on the pages of calendars and old books.

Betsy Kane
Writing from "Pearl Hall", elevation 10 feet above sea level
Washington, N.C.

Join us on Facebook!