Date: 9/21/19 5:24 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Shorebirds at Morgan Lake
I have not been able to get out since I was there 2 days ago. It seems no
one has seen the Stilt Sandpiper again. It was not a Pec or Sharptail that
I saw which to me would be impossible to confuse or conflate with Stilt,
but some might not agree. There has been a Pec seen there time to time in
recent weeks. Not that anyone has expressed doubt on the Stilt I saw on
the 19th, just that no one else saw it. It was a Stilt Sandpiper. I doubt
there have been many or any records of Stilt Sandpiper in Polk Co. We have
had 3 in Marion that I have seen past 30 years.

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!