Date: 9/21/19 1:10 pm
From: Nancy Brown <brownnab...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur American Redstart
Greetings from Malheur. A friend and I are here for this week and just birded the Barnes Spring Oasis. It was full of birds, including a Red-naped Sapsucker, a Downey Woodpecker, a pair of Lewis’s Woodpeckers (all in the orchard), an Amer Bittern, Kingfisher, Coopers Hawk, a female Kestrel with 2 juvs, Spotted Towhee, and a bird I’d never seen before which I have just identified as a female American Redstart. It was in the junipers over the Springs but moving too fast for me to get a picture. We looked on the way out but didn’t see it again. It was an amazing morning even without the Redstart!
Nancy Brown
Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!