Date: 9/21/19 12:29 pm
From: Alex Rinkert <arinkert12...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Westside rarities
This morning on my field trip for the Monterey Bay Birding Festival we
caught up to the INDIGO BUNTING at Natural Bridges SB, found yesterday by
Andrew Kenny. The bunting was in the cattails at the edge of the Butterfly
Pond closest to the boardwalk. Later at the Homeless Garden we found a
BREWER'S SPARROW in the northeast corner of the garden between the duck
house and the fenced off strawberry garden. Birders seeking this bird should
be aware there was a juv CHIPPING SPARROW in the same area which could be
confused with the Brewer's.

Alex Rinkert

Santa Cruz