Date: 9/20/19 4:03 pm
From: Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz=<verizon.net...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Santa Maria
SB Birders,
I first checked out the pond on Hwy 246 and Campbell Road just west of Buellton, looks great but no birds of interest to report.
I then went to Guadalupe and birded the Agg fields, again nothing to report.
Jack O’Connell Park, you know it, sucky.
Santa Maria Sewage Works,Best bird, Pectoral Sandpiper, then one Lesser Yellowlegs in with the 35+ Greaters. 16 Dowitchers, did not care about ID. 100+ Red-necked Phalaropes, 2 White-faced Ibis and decent numbers of Western and Least Sandpipers. It looked great and expected higher numbers of shorebirds.
The flooded fields on Black Road are dry, I think they may start irrigating them next week?
Good birding.

Wes <Fritz805-895-0685Wes-Fritz...> CA.

View/Reply Online (#29425): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29425
-=-=-