Date: 9/20/19 1:50 pm
From: Terry Hill <terrynjohn...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Highlights of Sept. 20 Harriett Wieder Park Monthly Count
Highlights of the September 20 Harriett Wieder Park monthly count earlier today included 111 Red-necked Phalaropes (most of them in the Bolsa Chica cell closest to the southwest end), 9 Greater Yellowlegs, 10 Lesser Yellowlegs (this end seems to attract the Lessers), 2 Pacific Slope Flycatchers, and 2 Ash-throated Flycatchers.  It was another pretty quiet month, and all the teams finished early.  Be aware that there is a large homeless encampment below Seapoint and Garfield near the fence separating the public area from the John Thomas Leasehold area, and it is not safe there.  On a brighter note, I ran into Kelly O’Reilly at the Conservancy office; and she said we’re not seeing all of the RN Phalaropes--they’re all over the back nonpublic area.
--
Terry Hill
Huntington Beach