Date: 9/20/19 1:28 pm
From: 'Simbeck, Damien J' <djsimbeck...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Today's Bird Walk
We had three people enjoying cooler weather this morning. The breeze felt good, but probably reduced bird activity a bit. We tallied 44 species, including 7 species of warblers. Next week's walk will be back on our Thursday schedule. Since the sun is getting a lazy, we will too. We'll start next week at 6:30. Hope you can join us. Here's today's list:

Canada Goose-21, Blue-winged Teal-31, Rock Pigeon-30, Mourning Dove-2, Chimney Swift-35, Ruby-throated Hummingbird-1, Ring-billed Gull-30, Double-crested Cormorant-11, American White Pelican-3, Great Blue Heron-6, Great Egret-30, Black-crowned Night-Heron-2, Black Vulture-15, Turkey Vulture-6, Osprey-2, Red-bellied Woodpecker-3, Downy Woodpecker-2, Eastern Wood-Pewee-2, Eastern Phoebe-1, White-eyed Vireo-6, Red-eyed Vireo-1, Blue Jay-7, American Crow-2, Carolina Chickadee-2, Tufted Titmouse-4, N. Rough-winged Swallow-6, Cliff Swallow-15, Carolina Wren-13, European Starling-16, Eastern Bluebird-4, American Robin-1, American Goldfinch-13, Red-winged Blackbird-125, Common Grackle-1, Black-and-White Warbler-3, Tennessee Warbler-1, American Redstart-2, Northern Parula-3, Magnolia Warbler-5, Yellow Warbler-1, Yellow-throated Warbler-3, Summer Tanager-2, Northern Cardinal-7, Indigo Bunting-13

Also, we had 42 species yesterday at Marbut Bend, including 8 species of warblers. We did not have a Yellow, but added Blue-winged and Chestnut-sided.. Warbler numbers were good yesterday morning, topped by 13 Magnolia Warblers, 7 Redstart and 5 Tennessee.

Damien Simbeck
Killen, AL

Join us on Facebook!