Date: 9/20/19 10:55 am
From: Emily Weiser <emily.l.weiser...> [AKBirding] <AKBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [AK Birding] Anchorage: Fork-tailed Storm-Petrels at Ship Creek mouth, Thursday evening
This evening (Thursday) at low tide there were two Fork-tailed
Storm-Petrels foraging at the mouth of Ship Creek. They were present for
the whole hour I was there (5-6pm), foraging actively and at times right
along the edge of the mud and along the rocks at the pier. No guarantees
they will be there tomorrow (Friday), but it might be worth a check around
low tide. (I also checked the flock of ~160 Mew Gulls, but no sign of any
unusual gull species today.)

Exact location and poor but identifiable photos of the storm-petrels are on
my eBird checklist here (if the link comes through the listserv):
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59943246

Good birding,

Emily Weiser
Anchorage