Date: 9/20/19 10:18 am
From: Patrick Comins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Act now to SAVE Plum Island
A U.S. Senate subcommittee will be working on a bill that could save Plum Island.
Click to contact the Senate Subcommittee on this important Plum Island issue!
https://p2a.co/YyryqUU?bblinkid=177507392&bbemailid=15672904&bbejrid=1172740301

September 20, 2019

You have a chance to help save Plum Island. Please act now!

The Senate Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee is making decisions on legislation to preserve the island, which as you may remember sits at the eastern end of Long Island Sound.

The legislation repeals the requirement to sell Plum Island! This would be a huge victory for habitat protection in our area.

An accompanying report encourages Homeland Security to limit any future use of the island to research, education, and conservation.

Over the past few years, lawmakers from both sides of Long Island Sound and both sides of the aisle have been working hard to delay and repeal the language that put the sale of this ecologically significant island in motion.

Please click this link to send an email to the ranking members of the subcommittee, Senator Shelley Capito and Senator Jon Tester.

Many thanks to our friends at Save the Sound (our fellow Plum Island Coalition member) for the heads-up on this, and for providing the wording for the action alert.
Click here to contact the Senate Subcommittee on this important Plum Island issue!
https://p2a.co/YyryqUU?bblinkid=177507392&bbemailid=15672904&bbejrid=1172740301

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107
www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org/>