Date: 9/20/19 8:31 am
From: 'Galveston Ornithological Society' <galornsoc...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [nflbirds] Hummingbirds
Hi Mark,

Sounds like yall are having fun!

While the weather has been so bad west of you, many eastern birds have been
piling up in your area. Here in Texas, we haven't seen anything but rain
crows. ;) Soon, things will go back to normal.

Also remember that this is the peak of the RT hummer migration, which is why
several hummingbird festivals in Texas are right now.

And males of many species migrate well before females and immatures, so you
aren't seeing as many of the guys. They came through in my Galveston yard in
late summer.

Thanks for caring about the birds.

Jim

_____