Date: 9/20/19 8:21 am
From: Mark <ag1380loop...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [nflbirds] Hummingbirds
We have a large Bottlebrush which is conveniently in heavy bloom. For the past three or four days we have had as many as eight hummers working the bush at the same time. We also have some shrimp plants and other hummingbird friendly plants. Never had numbers like this before, usually just two or three, so I put up three feeders to supplement the natural food. Look like they are all Ruby throats, almost all are female. One actually came up to Janet on the porch, where she was leaning on the railing and tried to feed through the fingers of her clasped hands.
They are putting on quite a show, less of the territoriality than I would expect to see.
We are over in the Sawdust community near Greensboro, FL.