Date: 9/19/19 9:16 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur Thursday
Better weather today. Lur Malheur Field Station birding trip began and
ended its day at refuge headquarters. In addition to the Broad-billed
Hummer, we picked up Wilson's and Nashville Warbler, both kinglets,
Swainson's Thrush, Hairy Woodpecker and solitaires. At Princeton we had
Golden Eagles and Ferrugys but not a single Prairie Falcon. The mixed
flocks of blackbirds numbered in the thousands of individuals. Back at The
Narrows immature night-herons remain. Late visit to refuge headquarters
gave us quality time with a hungry male Evening Grosbeak.
https://atowhee.blog/2019/09/19/the-grand-finch/
--
Harry Fuller
author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand Dunes to Streetcars:*

Join us on Facebook!