Date: 9/19/19 3:14 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Rocky Ridge (19 Sep 2019) 728 Raptors

Unknown Buteo 0 3 3
Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 14 15

Total: 728 9733 9750

Observation start time: 06:30:00
Observation end time: 16:30:00
Total observation time: 10 hours

Official Counter: Andrew Wolfgang, Ken Orvis, Phil Keener, Randy Phillips

Observers: Alice Frick, Barry, Bernie Frick, Fred Paley, Gary Johnson,
Jim Wendt, Jon Butcher, Ken Orvis, Mark Kocher, Mindy ,
Phil Keener, Randy Phillips

Visitors:
6, Another special day. Randy and I shared the last recorded large group of
BWs for the day (16:27) along with a hiker. In this group we viewed 126
BW's soaring low. They were viewed well without binocs, after a brief
moment in a kettle they silently glided west of the parking area towards
the setting sun.

Weather:
Light ENE and E winds made for a great day at the count site. Temperature
was a comfortable 21 C most of the count. Visibility was excellent. Another
day with perfect conditions for Rocky Ridge.

Raptor Observations:
Large numbers of Broad-winged Hawks viewed for the 5th day in a row. Small
numbers of Sharp-shinned Hawks and Osprey.

Non-raptor Observations:
Common Raven-2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird-1

Butterfly
Monarch-22
Giant Swallowtail-1

Predictions:
East winds predicted to stop tomorrow could be slower than the recent big
days we had this week.
Report submitted by Andrew Wolfgang (<a19wolfgang...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=430

Join us on Facebook!