Date: 9/19/19 11:28 am
From: Andrew Baksh <birdingdude...>
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Fwd: News Alert: North America has lost 29% of its birds since 1970, study finds. Experts blame habitat loss, pesticides, light pollution and cats.
And on that note. A call on Bronx Birders to please contact Margarita Eremeyev at <meremeyev...>

She is doing extensive research on the possible adverse effects the planned paving of the Putnam Trail in Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx May have on wildlife. For example, the Rusty Blackbirds that have utilized the wetland area near Tibbets Brook might be affected.

There have been quite a few of us enjoying some of the birds being reported from that borough as of late. Please take the time out to contact Margarita to see if you could be of assistance.

Thank You

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War

> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

> On Sep 19, 2019, at 2:19 PM, Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie...> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: The Washington Post <email...>
>> Date: September 19, 2019 at 2:01:29 PM EDT
>> To: <richardpguthrie...>
>> Subject: News Alert: North America has lost 29% of its birds since 1970, study finds. Experts blame habitat loss, pesticides, light pollution and cats.
>>

>> Democracy Dies in Darkness
>>

>> News Alert Sep 19, 2:01 PM
>>

>> North America has lost 29% of its birds since 1970, study finds. Experts blame habitat loss, pesticides, light pollution and cats.
>> A massive study of bird populations, using decades of survey data as well as weather radar readings of migratory flocks, shows the United States and Canada have lost 3 billion birds in the past 50 years. The declines have hit sparrows, finches, warblers, thrushes, swallows and many other familiar groups.
>>
>> Read more »
>>

>> You received this email because you signed up for news alerts from The Washington Post.
>> Manage my newsletters and alerts | Unsubscribe
>> Privacy Policy | Help
>> ©2019 The Washington Post, 1301 K St NW, Washington DC 20071
>>

> --
> Welcome and Basics
> Rules and Information
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave