Date: 9/18/19 10:27 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Claimed California Towhee at Ft Stevens
Immature Spotted Towhees are dark brown. The ones on my yard appear just brown, and the coastal ones may be darker than the Willamette Valley birds. I am actually surprised that there aren’t more immature Spotted Towhees identified as California Towhees. I think any reports of California Towhee north of about Roseburg are actually very very likely Spotted Towhee immatures.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 4:02 PM, Mike Patterson <celata...> wrote:
>
> Needless to say, I'm dubious...

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!