Date: 9/18/19 1:54 pm
Subject: Durham Co NC Trip Summary 09/18/2019
Greetings all

Well I made another outing today to Durham Co again to try and add some species to my county list and I was able to add three; the Magnolia Warbler seeing 2 of them with better looks at the second one, Swainson’s Thrush both calling as they flew overhead in the dark and one in the day as well and saw it, the third was a fast moving Merlin flying about 10 feet above ground over a field on the hunt for breakfast.

But the best find of the day way to see 7 Wood Storks circling around and around for about 8 to 10 minutes. I got a few pictures with my iPhone but not the best.

I left my camera in the car because I knew I was going to be out there for a while and I just didn’t want to have to carry it that long.

Durham Co is now at 153 species.

Good Birding Always

Number of Checklists: 3
Number of Taxa: 42

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Butner Game Land--Brickhouse Rd. (Durham Co.)
Date: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:40 AM
(2): Butner Game Land--Brickhouse Rd. (Durham Co.)
Date: Sep 18, 2019 at 7:00 AM
(3): Butner Game Land--Brickhouse Rd. (Durham Co.)
Date: Sep 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM

3 duck sp. -- (1)
1 Mourning Dove -- (1)
4 Chimney Swift -- (2)
7 Wood Stork -- (2)
3 Great Egret -- (2)
3 Turkey Vulture -- (2)
2 Bald Eagle -- (2)
1 Eastern Screech-Owl -- (2)
4 Barred Owl -- (1)
3 Red-headed Woodpecker -- (2)
2 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (2)
1 Downy Woodpecker -- (2)
1 Hairy Woodpecker -- (2)
2 Pileated Woodpecker -- (2)
1 Merlin -- (2)
2 Eastern Wood-Pewee -- (2)
7 White-eyed Vireo -- (2),(3)
2 Red-eyed Vireo -- (2)
6 Blue Jay -- (2)
8 American Crow -- (1),(2)
5 Carolina Chickadee -- (2),(3)
6 Tufted Titmouse -- (2)
2 Barn Swallow -- (2)
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher -- (2)
8 Carolina Wren -- (1),(2)
10 Gray Catbird -- (1),(2),(3)
4 Brown Thrasher -- (1),(2)
4 Swainson's Thrush -- (1),(2)
25 Brown-headed Cowbird -- (2)
60 Common Grackle -- (2)
1 Black-and-white Warbler -- (2)
1 Common Yellowthroat -- (2)
1 Hooded Warbler -- (2)
2 American Redstart -- (2)
4 Northern Parula -- (2),(3)
2 Magnolia Warbler -- (2),(3)
1 Pine Warbler -- (3)
2 Summer Tanager -- (2),(3)
1 Scarlet Tanager -- (2)
11 Northern Cardinal -- (2),(3)
4 Blue Grosbeak -- (2)
9 Indigo Bunting -- (2),(3)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock