Date: 9/18/19 12:41 pm
Subject: Joyner Park migrants
I had high hopes this morning, given the passage of a decent cold front and the sound of flight calls over my house at 5:30 this morning (Swainson's thrush plus other stuff).  I went to Joyner Park in Wake Forest and had only moderate success.  I did find tally 51 species but not as many warblers and other migrants as I had hoped.  Warblers were redstarts, magnolia, worm-eating, pine, black-and-white, and common yellowthroat.  Other notables were veery, wood  thrush, scarlet tanager, chimney swifts, and yellow-throated vireo.
Marc RibaudoGarner

Join us on Facebook!