Date: 9/18/19 11:03 am
From: Glenn Quinn <glennq...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Large number of Pine Warblers, Southhaven CP (Suffolk)
This afternoon, around 1:30PM, there were a large congregation of Pine Warblers in the main parking lot and adjacent picnic table area (north end).It was difficult to get an exact count without unnerving other people in their cars, but I estimated at least 18-20 individuals just in that area. Several were quietly singing.Some Chipping Sparrows are mixed in.I wonder how many of these birds will actually migrate. A few years ago at this location, after a deep snow in January, I found at least 5 together in the same parking lot.
I couldn't stay any longer but it would have been nice to really search thru these birds for something rarer.
Glenn

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/