Date: 9/17/19 8:50 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RBA -- Yellow-billed Cuckoo Morrow County
This reminds me of the observation by Russ Namitz, aided by Adrian Hinkle,
of an Eurasian Skylark off the south jetty in Newport in 2017.

The weather conditions now are similar to those at the time of sighting of
the skylark and I remember hearing someone on site at the time saying they
thought the rains overnight would have helped keep the bird hunkered down,
hence the odds of relocating the skylark were good.

I am thinking about chasing this bird. Tomorrow would be day 2 of a
typical 3-day wonder - and I am curious if others believe the
current inclement weather will aid, hinder, or will not affect the chance
of relocating Neal Hinds bird.

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 6:04 PM Nolan Clements <nolanclements...>
wrote:

> Hi OBOL,
>
> Neal Hinds found and photographed a Yellow-billed Cuckoo at the Boardman
> Marina this morning. No others details at this point in time.
>
> eBird checkist with pics: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59885055
>
> Happy fall birding,
> Nolan Clements
> La Grande, OR