Date: 9/17/19 3:02 pm
From: Jim Felley <jdfelley...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Golden Eagle at Lake Needwood, Montgomery County and more
So after watching Broadwings soaring over my house (see earlier post) I
took the opportunity to see what else might be about.

At the Lake Needwood dam there was an adult Golden Eagle, adult and well
seen, which rose in a thermal and headed west.

Also at Lake Needwood along the Rock Creek Trail was a small group of
warblers, including a couple of American Redstarts, a Chestnut-sided
Warbler and a Magnolia Warbler.

Then I headed back to the Montgomery County Airpark, and over the Lois
Green Farm Conservation Park, two Common Ravens were soaring.

But no more Broad-winged hawks among the many birds I saw in the afternoon

Jim

Jim Felley
Gaithersburg