Date: 9/17/19 2:53 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Allegheny Front (16 Sep 2019) 7176 Raptors

UB 1 6 9
UF 0 2 2
UE 0 0 0
UR 0 24 34

Total: 7176 9118 9780

Observation start time: 08:30:00
Observation end time: 17:00:00
Total observation time: 8.5 hours

Official Counter: Deb Bodenschatz, Ed Gowarty,Jr

Observers: Bob Stewart, Ed Gowarty,Jr., Ed Gowarty,Sr, Erika Bowman,
Jack Julian, Jim Rocco, Joe Sabo, Karen Jackson, Nancy Ott,
Ronda Barnett

Visitors:
Bob Stewart, Erika Bowman, Ronda Barnett, Jim Rocco, Ed Gowarty Jr., Ed
Gowarty Sr., Jennifer Gerber, Patience Fisher, Karen Jackson, Nancy Ott,
Don Kott, Jack Julian, and Joe Sabo.

Weather:
Partly cloudy with very light WSW/WNW wind and. a high temperature of 24.7
C.

Raptor Observations:
We had large numbers of Broad Wing hawks. At times the sky was full of
Broadwings in all directions. We also had 9 Migrating Bald Eagles - 3
adults, 3 sub-adult , 1 Juvenile, and 2 unknown. There was also 1
non-migrating adult. 9:59, 10:09, 10:10, 10:19, 10:37, 12:18, 2:09, 2:13,
3:24. There were also a few Turkey Vultures patrolling the valley. We
heard but did not see 2 Red-shouldered Hawks in the West.

Non-raptor Observations:
At least 50 Cedar Waxwings, a few Chimney Swifts, 3 Blue Jays, 6
Hummingbirds, an Olive-sided flycatcher, a Bay-breasted Warbler, 2 Downy
Woodpeckers, 4 Ravens, a Towhee and. a Flicker.

There was an extremely large number of dragonflies, 616 Monarch Butterflies
,a great many Sulphuric and Cabbage Whites, as wellas some Black
Swallowtails, Red-spotted Purples, and Tiger Swallowtails.

Predictions:
Partly Cloudy wit light East wind and a high of 21 C.
Report submitted by Deb Bodenschatz (<debbiebodenschatz...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=111

Join us on Facebook!