Date: 9/16/19 9:36 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] upcoming birdwalks at Hart-Miller Island and Swan Creek

Hi everyone,

I will be leading two birdwalks soon. Please read all details and email
tcarn [at] menv [dot] com if you would like to join. *Please specify which
tour(s) you would like to join.*

*Hart-Miller Island* – Wednesday, September 25 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM

This is the second bus tour of the year. Space is limited to *20*
participants. You may reserve two spaces but I need a name/email address
for both participants. We will depart landbase (2024A Riverview Rd, Essex,
MD 21221) at 9:00 AM and return at 1:00 PM. The tour will be canceled in
the event of inclement weather – there is no rain date. This tour will
involve some walking but will mostly be stationary counts. Ticks are
possible and mosquitoes are guaranteed. Bring bug spray, sunscreen, water,
lunch, etc. We will mostly look for rare shorebirds but will also take time
to look for migrant warblers in the woods and check for early waterfowl.

*Swan Creek* – Saturday, October 12 from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM

Dan Haas and I will be co-leading this walk so I can host up to *40*
participants. We will be divided into two groups of ~20 participants and
both groups will see the entire site. You may reserve two spaces but I need
a name/email address for both participants. We will meet at 1000 Kembo Rd,
Curtis Bay, MD 21226 at 7:00 AM and need to be offsite at 11:00 AM. The
tour will be canceled in the event of inclement weather – there is no rain
date. This trip will involve *extensive *walking over rocky terrain and
possibly over moving water. Sturdy footwear is essential (waterproof boots
recommended). There is also minimal shade. Ticks and mosquitoes are
possible. Bring bug spray, sunscreen, water, etc. but we will be offsite by
lunch. I anticipate some lingering shorebirds and passerines, early
waterfowl, and a good showing of sparrows.

These tours are offered by MES on behalf of MDOT MPA.

Hope you can join!

Tim Carney