Date: 9/14/19 6:47 am
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Elegant Terns on Clatsop Spit
Dane Osis reports ELEGANT TERNS on the river beach of the South
Jetty near the north end of the plover exclusion area. He is
very unlikely to confuse Elegants with Caspians. I would also
include that, while others have noted a dearth of HEERMAN'S GULLS,
we have typical numbers.

I was out on the spit yesterday and saw no small terns, but a well
described ARCTIC TERN was reported by others.

I saw a single SNOWY PLOVER and heard HORNED LARKS, however.

SOOTY SHEARWATERS continue to be seen in the river as far east
as the Megler Bridge on a tide dependent basis.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR

Join us on Facebook!