Date: 9/11/19 5:18 pm
From: Walter Marcisz <wmarcisz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Byard Acadian flycatcher....ID
John-
I would call this a Bay-breasted Warbler. Overall structure is correct for a warbler. wrong for any flycatcher. In my opinion, Blackpoll Warbler is eliminated by bold white wingbars separated by a contrasting black panel, pale patch on side of neck, distinctly buffy flanks, dark legs & feet (Blackpoll should show orange-yellow on the toes). The undertail coverts may or may not be buffy (the lighting is too harsh to tell for sure).
Walter MarciszChicago, Cook Co.

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 10:58:16 PM UTC, John Baxter <XXJB7Z...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xxjb7z/48712799131/in/dateposted-public/Hi friends,Or is it a Blackpoll warbler?JohnBourbonnais, IL

Join us on Facebook!