Date: 9/10/19 8:02 pm
From: Melissa Aldrich <melcaldrich...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] EEE spraying
The product they are spraying, in Worcester County, is Anvil 10/10. It
degrades after a day and is rendered useless(?) by rain.

It targets mosquito larvae, however, it will also kill, dragonflies and
beetles. Dragonflies:
one of the best mosquito predators.

The Oxford fire department and made an all call to my home instructing me
to "close windows, cover koi ponds and keep pets indoors".

Monitoring of all species should be required during these events.

Melissa Aldrich

413-219-2417

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019, 9:12 PM GLENN D'ENTREMONT <gdentremont1...>
wrote:

> Any one in these spray areas-could you take a notice tomorrow/the next day
> on the numbers of chickadees you encounter and compare with last week? I
> expect the number to plummet (OK, lower than last week). I have noticed
> this anecdotally when spraying in other years. If they drop extrapolate
> that to all species in the area.
>

> Glenn
>

> Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA
>
> On September 10, 2019 at 3:48 PM Jonathan Jones <brewbird...> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Apparently they are doing more mosquito spraying in new areas starting
> tonight.
>

> https://www.mass.gov/guides/eee-in-massachusetts#-september-2019-aerial-spraying-information
>

> They don’t explicitly list Wrentham, but half the town appears in the
> spray map, including where we live.
>
> Do I need to do anything special with regards to bird seed, suet, or
> hummingbird feeders?
>
> Sincerely,
> Jonathan Jones
> Wrentham, MA