Date: 9/10/19 5:53 pm
From: Tom Edell via Groups.Io <TEdell=<aol.com...>
Subject: Re: [slocobirding] Terns
I just spoke with Curtis Marantz who was at Grover Beach. He estimate 250 Arctic Terns on the beach and another 5000 terns offshore in bad light. He indicated he only saw about 5 Common Terns on shore. This echo’s other eBird reports from that beach today. Brad Schram also had 73 jaegers (Parasitic and Pomarine) and 39 Sabine’s Gulls from shore this morning.

To my knowledge this is unprecedented in California. So something unusual is happening.

Wish the Morro Bay boat trip was tomorrow.

Tom