Date: 9/10/19 5:48 pm
From: Michael Mammoser <mmammoser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Recent birds
On Sunday, 8 Sep 2019, I saw an adult BALD EAGLE perched along Coyote Creek, where it is crossed by Bailey Road in Coyote Valley.
On Monday, 9 Sep 2019, the juvenile RUFF was still present in New Chicago Marsh, off the boardwalk near the EEC.
On Tuesday, 10 Sep 2019, I visited Coyote Valley and drove down Laguna Ave. Here, I had a small group of 18 TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS, my first of the season. Not a Red-winged was in sight. A cow convention at a water trough was hosting about 40 BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS, while 32 TURKEY VULTURES were roosting on the ground in the pasture. On Palm Ave I had a flock of about 80 VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS foraging low over the fields, while 30 or so VAUX'S SWIFTS were working higher above them. A single LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE was sitting on the telephone wire nearby. A pair of adult GOLDEN EAGLES was soaring over the Coyote Valley OSP.
Michael Mammoser