Date: 9/10/19 4:59 pm
From: Kaitlin McGee <krmcgee...>
Subject: Bald Eagle Mountain - Eagle Field (10 Sep 2019) 121 Raptors
Hi everyone!

I am the official counter of the Bald Eagle Mountain hawkwatch this season! I will be sending the daily report to the list serve. We have 2 locations on the ridge we can count from (North and South lookout) and decide which one to count at daily depending on the wind, so if you want to visit look in the “Predictions” section of the report for which location the count will start at. The location may change during the day if the wind changes. Come visit and enjoy fall migration!

Best,
Kaitlin McGee

Bald Eagle Mountain - Eagle Field
State College, Pennsylvania, USA

Daily Raptor Counts: Sep 10, 2019
Black Vulture 0 0 0
Turkey Vulture 0 0 0
Osprey 5 7 7
Bald Eagle 12 17 17
Northern Harrier 1 2 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk 6 7 7
Cooper's Hawk 1 2 2
Northern Goshawk 0 0 0
Red-shouldered Hawk 0 0 0
Broad-winged Hawk 90 129 129
Red-tailed Hawk 4 8 8
Rough-legged Hawk 0 0 0
Golden Eagle 0 0 0
American Kestrel 1 1 1
Merlin 0 0 0
Peregrine Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Accipiter 0 1 1
Unknown Buteo 1 1 1
Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 0 0
Total: 121 175 175

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours
Official Counter Kaitlin McGee
Observers: Jon Kauffman, Nick Bolgiano

Weather:
Light wind from the SE to start the day. Wind picked up to 8-10mph and shifted S in the afternoon. Clear skies in the morning turned partly cloudy in the afternoon. Temp 68-82F.

Raptor Observations:
Observed from South lookout. BAEA(EST) - 0955 Unk, 0957 Juv, 1227 Imm & Ad, 1244 Juv, 1314 2 Ad, 1321 Imm & Ad, 1354 Ad, 1522 2 Ad NOHA - 1039 Ad male TUVU and BLVU seen but not counted.

Non-raptor Observations:
1 Cape May Warbler, 1 Black-throated Blue Warbler, 10 Ruby-throated Hummingbird, 1 Double-crested Cormorant, 1 Scarlet Tanager 44 Monarchs.

Predictions:
Warmer with W winds 5-10 mph. Count will start at the North lookout.

Report submitted by Kaitlin McGee (<krmcgee...> <mailto:<krmcgee...>)
More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=809

Join us on Facebook!