Date: 9/10/19 4:35 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/10/19
Wilson's Warblers appear to be on the move - I see Chico banded 26 and we
did 30. In between, we caught 12 other new birds, included our FOS
Green-tailed Towhee and Lincoln's Sparrow and a Black-capped Chickadee
banded last year. Here's the breakdown of the 42 new birds:

Black-capped Chickadee 1
House Wren 3
Orange-crowned Warbler 3
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 30
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 13. We are opening nets at 6:40 and should have birds back at the
station by 7:20. We will close nets most days at 11:40, although we will
likely close earlier some days as long as this heat continues. School
groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest
people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies