Date: 9/10/19 3:25 pm
From: Dika Golovatchoff <digolov...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Andree Clark Bird Refuge 9/9/19
I spent about 30 minutes yesterday evening observing birds from the 3rd
platform. I briefly saw a Sora poke out from reeds, also a Common
Yellowthroat. There were 3 Killdeer, 3 Dowitchers (I think short-billed)
doing their sewing machine act but being chased by one or more Black-necked
Stilts. Also a Spotted Sandpiper and 3 Least Sandpipers. Besides Mallards
and Coots there were 7 Northern Shovelers, 3 Snowy Egrets and a few Great
Egrets on one of the islands along with a Great Blue Heron and
Black-crowned Night Heron. A Red-necked Phalarope was doing its (spinning)
swim. I posted a couple of photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/digolov/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/digolov/?> and would appreciate a definitive
ID on the Dowitcher flying away from Stilt. Dika Golovatchoff, Santa
Barbara

--
Dika Golovatchoff
https://japanimages2016.wordpress.com/