Date: 9/10/19 3:04 pm
From: raqbirds via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] early a.m. warblers in Webster
A large flock of at least 12 species of warblers brightened my yard this morning. This was a "canopy" flock due to the sun just gracing the tops of the trees at an early hour (7:30-8:30 a.m.), which meant that that is where the insects were most active.

Highlights: (all numbers are conservative)
Red-eyed Vireo- at least 15.Ovenbird- two seen and part of the flock.
Tennessee Warbler- at least four.
American Redstart- at least four with one being a full adult male looking bird.
Magnolia Warbler- at least five, all looking like first year females.
Black-throated Blue Warbler- one adult male, always a treat.
CAPE MAY WARBLER- at least three and all in very different plumages from very dull to rather bright. First for the season in my yard.
Other species of warblers- B&W, Northern Parula, Blackburnian, Blackpoll, Chestnut-sided, and Black-throated Green.
warblers not identified- at least 50!

Bob Quinn

"Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons and daughters of the earth." Chief Seattle