Date: 9/10/19 2:27 pm
From: Robert Snowden <rsnowden0524...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chico Basin Ranch, 9/10/19
After relatively modest migration activity the last few days, things picked
back this morning, both in the nets and in the woods surrounding the
banding station. We had relatively nice conditions for banding, and got to
enjoy our first real 'typical' day of the season: a good number of captures
and plenty of Wilson's Warblers to go around. Overall we had 46
newly-banded birds, 2 recaptures, and 16 total species. We would've had a
few more to add had so many pesky Brown Thrashers bounced out of the nets
before we could get to them! Meanwhile, after being flush with
Orange-crowned Warblers yesterday, they were almost entirely absent today.

A summary of our captures:

Wilson's Warbler 26
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Western Wood-Pewee 1
Cordilleran/Pacific-slope Flycatcher 1
Hammond's Flycatcher 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 3
Cassin's Vireo 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Gray Catbird 2
Green-tailed Towhee 2
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Northern Mockingbird 3 (2 new + 1 within-season recapture)
American Robin 1 (FOS)
Brown Thrasher 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 1 (within-season recapture)

We are open 6 days a week, closed on Sundays. For the remainder of the
week, we'll be opening nets at 6:40 AM and closing at 11:40 AM, weather
permitting. Visitors are welcome!

Robert Snowden
Bander, Chico Basin Ranch
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies