Date: 9/10/19 2:24 pm
From: Kristen Noelle Hatcher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Hummingbirds and Cowbirds
The hummingbirds in my yard are still chasing one another off from the food as I type. We also have plants and feeders for them.

So, I have five juvenile cowbirds who have been visiting my feeders together since they fledged. I have never seen so many together at such a young age and they are solo, no adult bird. Is it possible the cowbird parent placed them all in the same nest or more likely they found one another after leaving neighboring nests? Wondering if anyone else has seen so many fledgling cowbirds together- or any other brood parasite species at such a young age.

Kristen, Cheshire