Date: 9/10/19 12:13 pm
From: Doug Pratt <dpratt14...>
Subject: Re: [BIRDWG01] BIRDWG01 Digest - 5 Sep 2019 to 9 Sep 2019 (#2019-38)
My quick first impression is that this is a Pacific GP; too leggy and slim for American. The bill may be at the smaller end for Pacific, but would not look out of place in Hawaii.

Doug Pratt

> On Sep 10, 2019, at 1:01 AM, BIRDWG01 automatic digest system <LISTSERV...> wrote:
>
> There is 1 message totaling 33 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
> 1. American vs Pacific Golden-Plover
>
> Archives: https://listserv.ksu.edu/birdwg01.html

> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 01:51:08 +0000
> From: Pritam Baruah <pritambaruah.kaku...>
> Subject: American vs Pacific Golden-Plover
>
> Hello all,
>
> Can shorebird experts comment on the Golden-Plover in this checklist sent to me by a friend? This could be the first record of American Golden-Plover in India so any comments would be greatly appreciated. The photo is from southern India where Pacific GP is regular. European GP is a vagrant to India. I am aware that the PP formula has been questioned in North America before because of the possibility of hybrids so that is why we would like comments from folks who are quite familiar with both species.
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S33781460
>
> Is there a maximum number of photos we can attach to an email in this forum?
>
> Thanks,
> Pritam.
>

> Sent from Outlook for Android
>
> Archives: https://listserv.ksu.edu/birdwg01.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of BIRDWG01 Digest - 5 Sep 2019 to 9 Sep 2019 (#2019-38)

"Some people have been kind enough to call me a fine artist. I've always called myself an illustrator. I'm not sure what the difference is." - Norman Rockwell

H. Douglas Pratt, Ph. D.
Ornithologist, illustrator, musician
1205 Selwyn Lane
Cary, NC 27511

Research Curator of Birds, Emeritus
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
11 West Jones Street
Raleigh NC 27601

Phone 919-379-1679
Cell phone 919-270-0857 (for travel use only)

Website: http://www.hdouglaspratt.com/index.html

Archives: https://listserv.ksu.edu/birdwg01.html

Join us on Facebook!