Date: 9/10/19 9:54 am
From: rosita94598 via Groups.Io <rosita94598=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] Rio Lindo Adventist Academy
A visit to the chimney at Rio Lindo Adventist Academy was enjoyable last night.  Very few spectators were present compared to my past Saturday visits with Mt. Diablo Audubon Society.  The Vaux's Swifts first showed at 7 PM, but did not enter the chimney until 7:34.  They continued for about 10 minutes.  Because of some lulls, I am estimating using their 360 birds per minute that at least 3,000 Vaux's Swifts were present last night.  Some of the other spectators said that Sunday night it was about twice as many.
Rio Lindo Adventist Academy is a private school, but welcomes the public. Due to the popularity, particularly on weekends, they now charge a $10 entry fee for the opportunity to see this event.  Read more, here:  http://www.riolindo.org/about-rio/swifts/
Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek