Date: 9/10/19 9:39 am
From: Lethaby, Nick <000003fc6e73b46b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [BIRDWG01] [EXTERNAL] Re: [BIRDWG01] American vs Pacific Golden-Plover
All,

Certainly a very strong candidate for American. However, I just circulated a bird from BC that had a primary projection like this and several very good birders felt it was a Pacific and that some show a primary extension in this range. I have seen a few very grayish Pacifics in Japan (with appropriate primary projections). So I think one can potentially make a case that a Pacific could look identical to an American. Having said that, I would call this an American if I saw it (in India).

Nick